I'm just trying to figure out what the silence meant. Given just how horrific the actions of these terrorists, I was really surprised people did not clap in agreement or yell some response that sent a message of unity with the person. I would have not been surprised had there been an outbreak of loud support for this perspective. One of my colleagues summed it up nicely when he said "Not that we all don't feel that way a little right now," but we all agreed it was ill-timed.
However, as anyone who attends a Packer game can attest, there are a lot of people who are unencumbered when it comes to expressing an opinion. Could the "rules of a moment of silence" be so strong that these people dare not yell back in unison? Or, are people willing to resist indicting an entire religion due to the behavior of a small, but powerful faction of extremists.
I do not have the answer and, frankly, am a little torn between both answers.
One person who is not is the Packer quarterback . What's more amazing than his perspective, is the fact he could hear the comment. The fan was in my section and about four rows up from me, I was 53 rows above the field so you do the math. http://es.pn/1HNpIAR
No comments:
Post a Comment